Owning a pet is one of the most rewarding experiences in your life. Taking in an animal that loves you unconditionally and is loyal to you no matter what is something that you don’t often get to experience in other aspects of life.
There is a reason that the majority of households have pets included in the family. That is because they simply make life better! They are there to greet us after a long day at work. They are there to give us a cuddle when we are feeling down. They are there to provide us company when we feel lonely. And they can make us smile 100% of the time.
We grow very attached to our pets for all these reasons and more. So when it comes to our pets, we want to give them the very best. And that includes the best pet insurance.
Studies have shown that the majority of pet owners struggle with their pet medical bills. Just as with anything in life, it can become unpredictable for your pet as well. So being caught off guard when you need to pay large medical bills for your pet can feel extremely stressful.
Even if you have savings set aside for your pet, it never feels good receiving a bill for $1,000 or more and can make a medical emergency even more overwhelming.
These reasons or more are why signing up for pet insurance will empower you to enjoy your time with your pet and not have to worry about all the what-ifs.
Here is what your life looks like when you have pet insurance.
1. Your pet gets frequent check-ups
With pet care insurance, your pet will be able to get frequent wellness checkups to ensure that they are in good health. This is a great way to prevent anything serious from occurring and also gives you peace of mind that your pet is doing just fine. So no more sleepless nights or stressing out about wondering if something is wrong. Instead, you will have the most up-to-date status on your pet’s health.
2. You never have to say no
Imagine that you are in a scenario where your pet has a medical emergency and you need to make the impossible decision of choosing life-saving surgery versus affording the medical bills.
Every pet’s life is priceless and with pet care insurance it can remain that way. You can say yes to anything your pet needs because you will have the comfort of knowing you will be reimbursed 90% of the medical bill.
3. You can do all the admin online
When you have pet care insurance you will be able to lodge your claims, update your policy and ask any coverage questions in just a few clicks of a button. This is great because it empowers you to make your claims quickly so you can get your money back quickly. And with not having to spend so much time dealing with the insurance itself, you will have more time to enjoy yourself with your pet!
4. You can visit any veterinarian
When you have pet care insurance you can choose any veterinarian that you want! This means that no matter where you are with your pet, you can always get them the support and help they need whenever they are needing it. Plus, it allows you to truly find the veterinarian that is right for you and your pet and not have to worry about money being the primary factor in the decision.
5. You will have a manageable budget
When you have pet care insurance you know exactly the amount to set aside each month to cover the plan. This is great because no matter what happens to your pet the policy payments will be the same. It is a much easier option than having to guess how expensive a future medical bill may be and try to set money aside for it, not sure as to whether or not it will actually be enough. With the pet care plan, you can get consistency and confidence into your budget.
6. You may get a longer time with your pet
No pet lives forever. And in most cases, we end up outliving our pets. However, with pet care insurance we increase the probability of getting to spend more time with our pet. This is because any medical treatment your pet needs will be accessible to you and you won’t have to say no because of the cost. And secondly, you will be able to take a proactive approach to ensure your pet stays healthy.
However, pet insurance plans can vary in their coverage and exclusions. So make sure you check the terms thoroughly before buying one. Here are some points that you must keep in mind before choosing a plan.
- Enrollment rules may not bother you if you have a young and healthy pet. But some pet insurance policies would not let you enroll a senior or ailing pet. So if you have an old pet, look for policies with no maximum age limit. You might have to show a veterinary record for the past year or have your pet undergo a check-up before buying a policy.
- Incidents covered under a policy can depend on the type of policy. If you have an accidents-only policy, you will not get a cent when your pet gets sick. Some companies offer comprehensive policies that cover both.
- Policies might have terms and conditions for the types of treatments covered under them. Make sure you check the treatments covered and choose one that suits your pet breed.
- There might be payout limits or caps for a certain period, incident, or condition. Make sure you read the finer points to check the details.
- Deductibles might be applied actually or per incident. Deductibles per incident might be costlier if your pet has a few incidents throughout the year.
- Policies may not cover pre-existing conditions, and the definition may vary between companies, so make sure you check them. Also, check for exclusions like hip dysplasia or genetic disorders.
- There can be a waiting period of 14 days or more.
- Read the details of reimbursement percentage and how it works.
Despite these conditions, there is no doubt that having pet care insurance will change your life, and your pets, for the better!