Dogs are not only man’s best friend but also a part of the family. Throwing them a party is a way to thank them for the years of love, loyalty, and friendship. In addition, their birthday doesn’t necessarily need to be the exact date when they were born, but it can be the day when they first came into your home.
There’s no better way to remember that day than to celebrate your dog’s birthday with all the nice things that your fur baby desires.
And as a part of the family, you’ll want their birthday to be a special one, here are some fun and easy ways to make your dog’s birthday unforgettable:
Pamper Your Pet
Spoil them on their special day and have them groomed. There are a few grooming services that offer pet massage. After that, you can take them to a pet shop to get treats, new clothes, a new bed or leash, and other accessories.
You can also let them pick out their toys. Bring them to the nearest pet store and let your furry friend choose from the toy selections. Alternatively, you can also choose a toy for your pet, as you know your dog better than anyone else.
Visit A Dog-Friendly Restaurant
After getting them groomed and choosing their outfit, visit dog-friendly restaurants. It will be a fun and simple way to celebrate your dog’s birthday. You can treat him to a birthday meal. It’s best to call the restaurant ahead of time to know their policies regarding pets and know the kind of food they serve. In addition, you can also take some pictures in the restaurant as a remembrance. Coming up with the idea of dining out on this special day will be a memorable experience for you and your dog.
Book An Outdoor Space
You can either have the party in your backyard or book an outdoor space. An outdoor event gives you ample space to work with, and you can put in as much décor as you want. This will allow your dog and his friends to run around and play.
Furthermore, while your furry friend is running around, you can take candid photos and videos of their special day. Remember to weather-proof the event and have backup plans if ever it rains.
Have A Costume Party
Think of a theme and have a costume party. It can be a parade of superheroes or movie stars. Do a contest and make everyone participate. It should motivate them to carefully plan and think about what costume to get for their fur baby. The pet with the best costume gets an award. Furthermore, to add more fun-filled activities during the party, you can also include a talent show where every pet parent can showcase their pet’s unique talents.
Spend A Day With Your Dog
Take your dog somewhere nice and spend a day with them. This is the perfect opportunity to enjoy each other’s company and travel together. There are many dog-friendly countries to visit.
Here is a list of countries you can visit with your dog:
- France – They are lax about bringing dogs into the country. You’d even see most furry animals allowed in restaurants.
- Italy – You can freely take your dog to the beach or restaurants.
- Canada – It’s the perfect place to ski with your dog aside from taking them to the beach.
- Switzerland – A haven for pet owners, they used to have a policy that requires dog owners to train their furry friends.
- Great Britain – You can take your dog to museums, art exhibits, and outside the city.
If you want to know more, continue reading this, as it will serve as your guide. In addition, research in advance for the travel documents that’ll be needed for the country you plan to visit, to have stress-free travel preparations.
Invite Fellow Pet Owners To A Small Get Together
Invite fellow pet owners within your area for a small get-together. However, only invite those pets your dog is comfortable with. Some dogs get aggressive, especially if they don’t know the person or the other pets. Therefore, it’s best to limit the number of guests to avoid conflicts among pets.
Prepare Food For Everyone
Prepare food for everyone. As a gesture of concern, you may ask your guests if their pets have specific allergies or preferences on food for you to be cautious about what to serve. On the other hand, if you wish to bake your dog’s cake, there are many recipes online that you can follow. Otherwise, you can always order. Also, don’t forget about the treats and giveaways for your guests.
Here are safety reminders when preparing the food for your dogs:
- Foods safe for Dogs: chicken, turkey, pork, apples, corn, peanut butter, and popcorn.
- Foods unsafe for Dogs: chocolate, grapes, onion, garlic, avocado, lemon, and bacon.
Play games, aside from hosting a talent show. Take an inflatable pool and fill it with balls. There is nothing dogs love more than balls. Moreover, you can set up a few obstacle courses for them to play on.
Here are some games you can play with your dogs at the party:
- Fetch – It’s pretty simple; you just need to prepare sticks or balls. The dog parents can participate in the game by throwing the object and letting their dogs catch it.
- Tug Of War – This game allows pet owners and their dogs to join the fun. Just divide the group into two and use cloth instead of rope.
- Find The Toy – Think of clever places to hide the toys and group your guests into teams. The team with the most toys wins the games.
- Dog Race – Have the pet owners leash the dogs, and both will have to compete with fellow pet parents and dogs as they race to the finish line.
- Bring Me – The pet parents would have to instruct their dogs to bring the item to the host.
For safety measures, check the perimeter of the area if it’s enclosed to prevent dogs from going beyond the property. Also, remind fellow pet owners to bring a dog leash to control their pet if they get too excited.
Celebrating your dog’s birthday among family, friends, and fellow dog owners will surely be fun-filled. Accordingly, it’s best to plan in advance to prepare the decorations, food, and venue in a hassle-free way. Remember to consider everyone’s safety by limiting the number of guests and checking the place before booking it. Otherwise, you can always spend some time alone with your pet by pampering them, shopping for accessories and toys, going to a restaurant, or traveling the world with your best buddy. The important thing on this special day is the time well spent together.